Thursday, March 12, 2009

kinda brilliant





Food photography is an art. It's hard work to get all those tasty treats on the insides of magazines and the sides of cartons and containers. The hardest part though is making them look good enough to eat. Now, I understand the process, half of what we see in mags and on packaging is sort of faked.. I know that Gourmet has a fresh real food policy when it comes to shooting stuff for their mag. I also know some really creative food stylist who totally re-bake things or scrape chocolate off Pepridge Farm cookies and re-glaze. All that aside a photo failure when it comes to food in my opinion is when nothing about the picture inspires any kind of pavilion response in me. In the 2 moments of free time that I've had today I found my way one of my favorite blogs iheartphotograph. They introduced me to the most fun way of dealing with food and photography in Scanwiches. I literally want lean over and lick my screen. The Scans of sandwiches for education and delight according to the site but, oh how I'd love to see the editors over at New York Magazine make good on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment